Monday, 18 February 2013

WEEK 1 -  ONLINE LEARNING


TASK ONE - SKILLS ANALYSIS 


TOPIC - Microsoft 2010 



EDU - Lifelong Learning


Quicksteps for Outlook in Microsoft Office 2010
Sparklines for Excel in Microsoft Office 2010
Image editing for Word in Microsoft Office 2010
Backstage menu in Microsoft Office 2010
How to upgrade your ram
Edit photos online for free with Photoshop Express
 (For music, photos, hardware, gmail, manage your finances in Open Office. Org, and troubleshooting.)

Easy to find:       
Easy to use:        
Covered topic:    


TeacherTube


This would be handy if you worked in a school library to help you keep informed with the way students are using technology in classrooms and the topics they learn and the level of learning for each year level.

How to make a poster in Excel
http://teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=111   - Great for library displays.

How to make a comicstrip in word

Easy to find:           
Easy to use:           
Covered topic:        


You Tube – Go Nuts!!!!!!!

Excel  free tutorial


Outlook free tutorials


Access free tutorials


Including all other microsoft applications, the list goes on and on and on.

Easy to  use:       
Easy to find:         
Covered topic:    





Goodwill Community Foundation Learn Free 


All Microsoft 2010 applications are covered
Ipad basics
Social Media - facebook, Pinterest, Linkdin, twitter, blogs, skype, internet basics and more
How to search the internet better
Career - Planning, cover letters, google docs, interviewing skills, job applications, job searching/networking,
resume writing etc.

Easy to find:         
Easy to use:         
Covered topic:    




Office Microsoft.com

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training-FX101782702.aspx

Covers all the Microsoft applications in video instruction form with the ability to test yourself.

Easy to find:           
Easy to use:           
Covered topic:       


These website are all pretty good and I think I would will use them all.  EDU was good because it covered topics that some of the other webesites did not - sparklines in Excel are cool!  TeacherTube does not have a lot on Microsoft on it but what I did find I think would use quite a bit if I was working in a school library.  It is a very good website for keeping in touch with curriculum and how subjects are covered according to the different grade levels.  You would gain a better idea of how to market the library to each of the grade levels.
You Tube is You Tube with an abundance of STUFF.  If you can't find anything on a website, it will be on You Tube!  Goodwill Community Foundation Learn Free is another great website with a lot of things all in one place.  The information is not in video format it's click to the next  slide format with no audio but it is very simple and well set out information to follow.  I like that all the information is in one place instead of having to trawl through STUFF on You Tube.  You can discover new and relevant information without being distracted away from your original topic. Probably the easiest and simplest of all was Microsoft.  All the applications are covered with video and audio.  Everything is set out very clearly, it's easy to understand, you can learn at your own pace, test yourself at the end and redo it again....and again.....and again until you get it right.  But, that fact that all of these websites are for free is the best.

My overall experience on all the above:
  

Secure in the knowledge I can find anything I need to know.




TASK TWO -  FIVE UNIVERSITYS/TAFES & FIVE LESSON/ARTICLES



Bond University

Beginners Guide to Photoshop
This is a beginners guide to Photoshop with 10 videos each running around 3 - 4 min.
I chose this because it would be home (I would like photoshop for our home computer) and for work in a library.  As it's something I don't use all the time, I forget the ins and outs of it and these videos are a good simple guide to keep.


Deakin University

Social Media and Mobile Technologies
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/ipads-in-teaching-learning/id477349998?i=103857616&mt=2

This is a series of 6 videos on social media and mobile technologies.  I was particularly interested in two of the videos - "Childrens use of ipads and smartphones" and "ipads in teaching and learning".  Since a lot of schools are now introducing this into their curriculum, it is good to keep up with how the teaching staff and students use them beacause it is has a huge impact on how a library is run.  Library staff need to know this technology too.

Swinburne University

Writing for the Web
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/writing-for-the-web/id421324781?i=91412803&mt=2

This is a 38min video in powerpoint style with audio on how to write for the web.  Handy to know tips which may be useful  in your job if you have to add information to a library website or for your own personal use.

Latrobe University

Genres in Children's Literature
There are twenty videos here of around 50mins each on different aspects of children's litereature.  This is a topic that I love and fiddle around with at home in my spare time!  Download all of these for a rainy day or two or three or.....!

RMIT

Non-fiction Now
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/nonfictionow-2012-travel/id596636294?i=131032398&mt=2

A whole heap of videos on different areas of non-fiction writing.  I particularly like the "Travel" video.  There is also "Truth in Fiction"and "Editors" and a few others that sound very interesting.  I like the diversity of having writers, teachers, readers and students as speakers. A good variety of different viewpoints.  





      


No comments:

Post a Comment